The one thing that makes it so disappointing about being a Knicks and Jets fan is that not only do we not know how to win, but we don’t know how to lose either. We miss the playoffs every damn year, and can’t figure out how to get a top 3 pick. We get the sixth pick, the ninth pick, the twelfth pick, but never a top three pick… ever.
If you’re thinking “well the Jets had a top 3 pick the year…,” you’re right, but they originally had the sixth pick and traded three second round picks and this year’s first rounder for it. All you had to do was lose two more games! Then you wouldn’t have had to trade so much for it!
Anyway… back to the original topic. The NBA Draft Lottery is tonight, and the Knicks have the ninth best odds to land the first overall pick (1.7%). They have a 6.1% chance to land a top three pick.
Let’s recap the Knicks in the NBA Draft Lottery the last few years:
- 2017: 5.3% chance to land first pick, 7th best odds, moved down to pick #8
- 2016: Didn’t have first round pick
- 2015: 19.9% chance to land first pick, 2nd best odds, moved down to #4
- 2014: Didn’t have first round pick
- 2010: Didn’t have first round pick
- 2009: 2.8% chance to land first pick, 8th best odds, stayed at #8
- 2008: 7.6% chance to land first pick, 5th best odds, moved down to #6
The point is that I always have just a glimmer of hope during this entire day, that one time, just one, the Knicks will get lucky and land a good pick. However, it never happens. The Knicks are the most unlucky franchise in all of sports. How in the world does this team seem to move down in the lottery every year!?
Although I do have hope right now about tonight’s lottery, I am officially mentally prepared to be disappointed again. Knowing the Knicks, they’ll move down somehow again.